Seriously? You seriously thought I was going to list 2,009 reasons to be thankful on my blog?
And where would I find the kind of time it would take to list 2,009 reasons? I’m at work today, ya know!
Although I will not be listing them all on my blog, I do have at least 2,009 reasons to be thankful at the start of this new year.
Looking back on 2008, I had plenty of reason to be thankful last year as well. I wish I could do a “Year in Pictures” post, but I don’t pictures of a lot of things that we did. I’m really bad about remember when things happened and this is yet another reason to start using that new calendar that I bought this week!
As I was sitting here reflecting on 2008, I tried to come up with a list of memorable events in 2008.
- Our nephew, Carter, was born to my brother and sister-in-law in February.
- My sister, Heather, married her long-time boyfriend, Stephen, in a beautiful ceremony in March in our hometown.
- My parents put their farm up for sale.
- Emily had her 3rd birthday in June, complete with a big celebration at Orr Family Farm.
- Mike’s dad turned 60 in July.
- Mike and I joined the church.
- Mike was baptized in July.
- Emily started AWANA Cubbies and I became a Cubbies leader.
- Emily started gymnastics classes.
- Mike got a promotion at his work.
- I got a promotion at my work.
I feel like I’m leaving some things out, but those are the things I thought of this morning. Isn’t God awesome? He has done so many great things for us in 2008. I can hardly wait to see what’s in store for us in 2009.
Friday 2nd of January 2009
It is definitely nice to sit back and reflect on that past year. You definitely have alot to be thankful for and what a great year it was for you all in 2008. I bet you can't wait to see what God has in store for you in 2009.
God truly is an AWESOME God!!