Emily and I had a good day together. We played at home this morning then ran some errands and ate lunch and then went to the grocery store. When we came home, Emily didn’t want to take a nap but she played on her bed (in the dark) for a long time. Seriously .. a long time. I was able to get a lot of things done while she was in her bed.
For supper tonight, I made something special. We had fried fish, french fries, and hushpuppies. In case you were wondering, a light cornmeal coating is the only way to go. And fry the fish until it floats!
For dessert, I made some homemade brownies. This recipe makes the best brownies. They are so tasty. I heart brownies.
Yield: 12 pieces Author: Jennifer Smith Print Recipe
Rich, Fudgy Brownies
These brownies are so rich and fudgy that they don’t require any frosting. And they are easy to make in one bowl, no mixer required. How much easier can you get?
prep time: 10 MINScook time: 30 MINStotal time: 40 mins
- 6 T. cocoa powder + 1 T. oil
- 1 c. (2 sticks) margarine
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 c. chopped nuts
- Mix cocoa and oil. Add margarine and melt in microwave.
- Cool slightly. Add sugar and eggs, mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt to the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased 13 X 9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.