One of the desserts I made for the baby shower was dark chocolate mousse cups. I don’t know why, but I felt like we needed something chocolate on the menu.
I’d never made chocolate mousse before, but the recipe did not look too difficult.
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
I used a cake decorator tool (link below) to pipe the mousse into these serving cups
I also made some fresh whipped cream to serve on top along with a fresh raspberry.
Dark Chocolate Mousse
Such a contrast - a light, airy texture with rich, dark chocolate flavor. It's a perfect make-ahead dessert for any special occasion, just make it the day before and let it chill in the fridge until it's time.
- 9 ounces high-quality bittersweet chocolate, like Ghiradelli 60% cacao baking chips
- 4 tablespoons 2 ounces unsalted butter, diced
- 4 teaspoons boiling water
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Melt chocolate and butter carefully in the microwave, or use a double boiler. Add boiling water and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whip cold heavy cream until soft peaks form. Place in refrigerator.
- Whip egg whites and sugar in a separate bowl until soft peaks form.
- When the melted chocolate has cooled to approximately 100 degrees F, stir in the egg yolks.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Fold half of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the other half of the whipped cream and the other half of the egg whites.
- Spoon or pipe into serving dishes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve with freshly whipped cream and a raspberry on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Check out these other fantastic recipes from GraceLikeRainBlog.com.
These were a big hit and I’ll definitely be making chocolate mousse again.
Here are the links I mentioned in this post:
Check out these other related recipes at GraceLikeRainBlog.com
The Perfect Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
Banana Pudding Served Two Ways (Video Tutorial)