Another fun thing that we did was the light painting at the Arkansas Museum of Natural Resources. I’d been waiting for the museum to send over the light paintings that we made and I finally got them in my email today!
You can do light painting at home!
- On your camera, set the shutter speed to 8 seconds. You can experiment with higher or lower shutter speeds, too.
- Set the aperture to F11. If your camera does not have aperture F11, set it at least F8.
- Grab some flashlights, different colors of Christmas lights, candles, etc. You can cover the flashlights with different colors of plastic wrap, if desired, to change the colors in your picture.
- Turn off the lights and take as many pictures as you want!
- You can move the camera around if desired to change the way your pictures look. Or you can use a tripod to only get movement from the light sources.