Our Spring Break Adventure continued Thursday with a trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas. We did so many fun things that it’s going to take several blog posts to tell you all the fun things we did on our trip.
Our first stop of the day was at Oaklawn where we ate lunch and watched the horses race. If you follow me on Instagram, I posted the first “Where are we?” from the outside viewing area at Oaklawn. If you don’t follow us on Instagram, follow us here!
I will be posting more about our trip to Oaklawn later this week so be sure to check back for another post.
We also hung out in a cave and Noah played in a waterfall. I tried to get Emily to take a selfie with me but I failed. That happens all the time.
We’ve had a lot of fun spending time with Grandmother and Granddaddy this week.
Next, we headed across the street to the hot springs for which the city of Hot Springs is known. The water coming up out of the ground is surprisingly hot! I know I shouldn’t be surprised at that, but I was. It’s supposed to have healing properties so I’m assuming I’ll be as good as new by the time I wake up in the morning. I should have put my hurt foot in it! Gah! Why didn’t I think of that?
Despite the lack of forethought about the foot, we had a great time in Hot Springs. I would like to go back and check out more of Hot Springs and the Lake Catherine area. It’s really a beautiful area and it seems like there are a lot of things to see and do.
When can we go back?
Other stops on our Spring Break Adventure:
- Family Time at Heather and Stephen and Stella’s house
- A fun stop at the Walmart Museum in Bentonville
- A self-guided tour of the Arkansas State Capitol
- Buffet lunch at Brown’s Country Restaurant
- A trip to the Arkansas Museum of Natural Resources
- Lunch at Woods Place in Camden
- Some horse racing at Oaklawn
- A stroll through Garvan Gardens to see 150,000 tulips and a trip behind the waterfall
- A visit to the hot springs in Hot Springs, dinner at Fisherman’s Wharf, and some ice cream at Kilwin’s
- Lots of fun on the farm
- The fishing derby
Have you ever visited the natural hot springs in Hot Springs, Arkansas?