We’re gearing up for the last week of school around here. How about we welcome in summer, shall we? What better way to celebrate summer than a fresh blueberry cobbler served with vanilla ice cream?
We usually go for peach cobbler, but this week we decided to switch things up and make a blueberry cobbler.
This recipe is a classic cobbler crust over a layer of fresh, ripe blueberries. It’s simple and easy to put together and so delicious.
Key to Success #1 – The Classic Cobbler Crust
Just like my easy peach cobbler recipe, the crust for this blueberry cobbler starts with equal parts sugar and all-purpose flour.
I doubled the crust recipe because I had so many blueberries and I like a lot of crust.
Key to Success #2 – Blueberries
I like my blueberries to be soft and juicy so I cook them with a little sugar before I put them into my cobbler.
This lets the juices out of the blueberries and makes the berries so much sweeter.
Don’t forget to taste your berries so that you can adjust the amount of sugar, if needed.
Fresh Blueberry Cobbler
Welcome summer with this delicious blueberry cobbler. The fresh blueberries and thick, classic cobbler crust make this recipe just the perfect treat for your next summer get-together.
- 4 cups blueberries, fresh
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- In medium saucepan, combine blueberries and 1/2 cup sugar. Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter in 9X13 baking dish and place in oven while preheating.
- Combine flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, vanilla, and almond extract in a small bowl. Pour over melted butter. Do not mix.
- Spoon blueberries and syrup over batter. Do not mix.
- Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Please share this recipe with your friends!
Check out these other related recipes at GraceLikeRainBlog.com
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Smokies
Pull-Apart Cheesy Stuffed Shells