Peach Delight is a light and creamy dessert that is delicious as it is pretty. This is a perfect recipe for all those fresh ripe peaches this time of year. Which of the four layers is your favorite? It’s impossible to choose!
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
Key to Success #1 – Start with the Flakiest Shortbread Crust
The shortbread crust is a hallmark of a good 4-Layer Delight recipe and this Peach Delight is no different. Shortbread is a simple mixture of flour, butter and pecans.
One key to a good shortbread crust is to chop the pecans as finely as you can. This will allow the pecans to be easily incorporated into the dough.
Another key is to use real butter in the crust. Butter makes the crust extra flaky.
Key to Success #2 – Whip Up the Fluffiest Cream Cheese Layer
The cream cheese layer is one of my favorite parts of this dessert. It just has so much flavor and such a nice fluffy texture. I could eat the whole thing with a spoon straight out of the bowl.
Be sure to let your cream cheese come to room temperature before you mix up the cream cheese layer. It’ll take 30 minutes to an hour for the cream cheese to soften on the countertop.
After the cream cheese is softened, mix together the cream cheese and the powdered sugar. When this mixture is smooth, gently mix in the Cool Whip.
You don’t have to whip it for a long time, just enough to get it fully combined.
Key to Success #3 – Gel It All Together with a Peachy Jello Glaze
The Peach Jello layer just brings this dessert together so perfectly. It ensures an extra layer of sweetness in case your fresh peaches are a little tart.
I’m calling it the Jello layer because it has some Jello in it, but it’s so much more than that. The consistency of the peach Jello topping is much softer than traditional Jello.
It’s more like a peach glaze. Trust me, it’s delicious and you will not want to miss it.
I know this is going to be your new favorite summer dessert!
Save this Peach Delight recipe to your favorite Summer Dessert board or your Peach Recipes.
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 5-6 fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- pinch salt
- 1 pkg (3 oz) peach Jello
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 small tub (8 oz) Cool Whip
- In small bowl, mix together flour, melted butter, and pecans. Press into greased 9X13-inch pan. Bake 325 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool crust completely.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together water, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook until mixture thikens. Stir in Jello and cook until completely dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar and Cool Whip. Spread over cooled crust.
- Layer sliced peaches over cream cheese layer.
- When Jello mixture is cooled or just slightly warm, pour over peaches.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight. Serve cold.
Use real butter, not margarine, for the flakiest crust.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 2gSugar: 42gProtein: 4g