Air Fryer Cheddar Meatball Bombs are a quick and easy meal or a snack that is perfect for game night. Who doesn’t love meatballs and cheddar rolled up in flaky crescents?
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
Key to Success #1 – Make Meatballs Ahead
I have a great recipe for Air Fryer Meatballs and they are perfect to use in this Air Fryer Cheddar Meatball Bombs recipe.
They cook up tender and juicy in just minutes in the air fryer.
I like to use a mixture of beef and pork in my meatballs.
Both types of meat add a nice flavor that works very well with the cheddar in this recipe.
And be sure to pre-cook your meatballs before you wrap them in the dough.
These Air Fryer Cheddar Meatball Bombs cook up fast because they use pre-cooked meatballs.
Key to Success #2 – Shred Your Own Cheddar
For the best flavor, buy a block of cheddar and shred it yourself.
You can use a box grater if you have one.
I like to use a handheld cheese grater because it’s much easier to store.
You’ll only need to shred about a half cup of cheddar cheese.
You’ll use about half of this inside the Cheddar Meatball Bombs and the other half will be added to the outside of the dough.
And you can use other types of cheese as well, if you’d prefer.
You can certainly make these babies your own.
I think mozzarella would be great in these meatball bombs.
Key to Success #3 – Watch the Bombs Carefully
These Cheddar Meatball Bombs cook in only 6-8 minutes in the Air Fryer so it’s important to watch them carefully to make sure they don’t over-brown.
It’s very easy to go from golden brown to too dark in the blink of an eye.
At the 6-minute mark, start checking the meatball bombs every minute.
You don’t need to flip them but just watch them to make sure they don’t overcook.
When done, remove from the air fryer basket to a serving tray and serve immediately with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
Pin this Air Fryer Cheddar Meatball Bombs recipe to your Air Fryer board or your Meatball board.
- 16 small 1-inch meatballs
- 1 roll refrigerated Crescent dough sheets
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat Air fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Unroll crescent dough and cut into 16 even pieces.
- Place about 1/2 tablespoon of shredded cheese into each crescent portion. Top with one meatball. Wrap the dough around the meatball, making sure the meatball is completely covered. Roll the ball between palms to smooth out dough.
- Roll the wrapped meatballs into the remaining cheese and roll in your hands to smooth and help cheese stick. Sprinkle each with a pinch of italian seasoning.
- In batches, place crescents into greased air fryer basket and cook 6-8 minutes, until golden brown and warmed throughout.
- Serve with marinara sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g