Christmas Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods are super fast and easy to put together but they make a festive presentation. They are also perfect or teacher gifts or neighbor gifts this holiday season.
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
Key to Success #1 – Keep It Simple
This holiday treat is so easy to put together so don’t overthink it.
You can use vanilla almond bark or chocolate almond bark or both. Whatever you prefer!
You can also use any type of holiday sprinkles that you like.
The only thing I would add is that sometimes the colored sanding sugar does not show up well on chocolate almond bark.
The sanding sugar works great on vanilla almond bark though.
If you have a deep glass, you can put your melted chocolate into it and dip your pretzels.
But you can also just put your melted chocolate in a bowl and spoon the chocolate over the pretzels rods.
Since you’re not completely covering the pretzel rods, you can just use the ends as a handle. It’s super easy!
Key to Success #2 – Sprinkle It Up
There are so many ways to decorate these chocolate covered pretzel rods! You’re only limited by your own imagination.
Here are some options for Christmas sprinkles that you might like:
- Nice variety of colors and shapes
- Blue/purple/white snowflake sprinkle
- Gold star sprinkles
- Pretty mix of jimmies with white snowflakes
- Bright red jimmies
- Christmas Nonpareils
- The possibilities are endless
Key to Success #3 – Let’s Talk Presentation
If you’re planning to use these on a Christmas buffet or a candy table, these Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods are perfect to add some height to your table.
Just stand up your pretzel rods in a stemmed glass and let them really shine.
If you’re lucky enough to have a set of red stemmed glasses, these would be perfect for this holiday season.
If you’re giving these chocolate covered pretzel rods as a gift, you can find cellophane bags that are long and thin that are perfect for pretzel rods.
They come with twist ties so that you can close up the bags. Perfect for gift giving!
Save this Christmas Chocolate Pretzel Rods recipe to your favorite Christmas Snack board or your Homemade Christmas Treat board.
- 1 bag (12 oz) pretzel rods
- 1 pkg (24 oz) vanilla almond bark (melting white chocolate)
- 1 pkg (24 oz) chocolate almond bark (melting chocolate)
- assorted holiday sprinkles
- Melt both varieties of almond bark in separate bowls.
- Spoon melted almond bark over one end of each pretzel rod, covering it about 3/4 of the way up.
- Immediately sprinkle the holiday sprinkles over the melted almond bark.
- Place on a sheet of waxed paper to dry.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 7gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 1g