Last night, I whipped up some dark chocolate mousse for our lunch today. This mousse is lightly sweet and very chocolatey. It’s thick and creamy and quite delicious.
It’s not a one-bowl recipe but it doesn’t take long to whip up this mousse recipe.
One thing to keep in mind is that the mousse needs to chill at least a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
I thought the dessert cups that I got at Pier 1 were perfect for the dark chocolate mousse.
I think they would be great for ice cream or pudding cups or maybe even fresh fruit. And they were on clearance! Can’t beat a deal.
Here’s the recipe I used for the mousse. This recipe is enough for at least 8 servings.
It’s so rich that the servings can be pretty small and still be satisfying. Emily likes to mix more whipped cream into hers, but I think it was almost too much for her stomach to handle
Be sure to save this recipe so that you can try it. And if you try it, please come back and let me know how you enjoyed it. I’d be happy to answer any questions about it.
Save this Dark Chocolate Mousse Recipe to your favorite Chocolate Board or your Dessert boards!
- 9 ounces high-quality bittersweet chocolate, like Ghiradelli 60% cacao baking chips
- 4 tablespoons 2 ounces unsalted butter, diced
- 4 teaspoons boiling water
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Melt chocolate and butter carefully in the microwave, or use a double boiler. Add boiling water and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whip cold heavy cream until soft peaks form. Place in refrigerator.
- Whip egg whites and sugar in a separate bowl until soft peaks form.
- When the melted chocolate has cooled to approximately 100 degrees F, stir in the egg yolks.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Fold half of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the other half of the whipped cream and the other half of the egg whites.
- Spoon or pipe into serving dishes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve with freshly whipped cream and a raspberry on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g