Green Pean Salad is a perfect make-and-take side dish for any BBQ or family gathering. It takes minutes to put together and will really please a crowd.
One of my favorite dishes to bring to family gatherings is Green Pea Salad.
Not only is it easy to make and take, but it’s also one of my most requested dishes.
And I’m betting nobody else will bring a dish like yours.
I get a lot of questions about the topping on my Green Pea Salad.
I’ll let you in on the secret – it’s Miracle Whip salad dressing.
You can also use mayonnaise and it’ll be just as delicious.
Did I mention this salad is delicious?
At one family reunion, I was sitting near a couple of ladies who were eating my Green Pea Salad.
One of them asked the other if it was supposed to be a dip or a salad?
She said, “I”m eating it as a salad! It’s so good!”
Green Pea Salad Video Tutorial
I made you a little video to show you exactly how it’s done.
Let me know if you find this helpful. I hope you do.
I know that green peas and Miracle Whip sounds like an unusual combination on a salad, but I urge you to give it a try.
You will not be disappointed.
The recipe is below.
Give it and try and let me know how much you like it.
Green Pea Salad
Green Pea Salad is a perfect make-and-take side dish for any BBQ or family gathering. It takes minutes to put together and will really please a crowd.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, rinsed and dried thoroughly
- 3-4 tomatoes, medium
- 1 can sweet peas, drained
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing, approx
- bacon bits
- Cut lettuce into bite-sized pieces and add to large serving bowl.
- Cut tomatoes into bite-sized pieces and layer on top of lettuce.
- Drain peas and spread on top of tomatoes.
- Layer shredded cheddar cheese on top of peas.
- Drop Miracle Whip by spoonful on top of the cheese. Spread to cover the entire top of salad.
- Sprinkle bacon bits on top.
May substitute mayonnaise for Miracle Whip salad dressing.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g