Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies are an intensely chocolate cookie that is crispy on the outside and thick and fudgy on the inside, just like the corner piece of your favorite brownies. Add chocolate chips and now you’ve got a double winner!
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
Key to Success #1 – Carefully Melt the Chocolate
You’ll want to start off by melting your chocolate and butter together.
You can do this in the microwave or you can do this on the stove on a double-boiler.
If you choose to melt your chocolate in the microwave, be sure to stir it every minute or so.
This will prevent the chocolate from getting too hot.
You’ll want to stir until the chocolate is ultra-smooth.
Key to Success #2 – Freeze the Cookie Dough
In order to get a thick and fudgy cookie, make sure you freeze the cookie dough before baking.
Freezing the dough makes it firm up so that it’s easy to scoop and helps it hold its shape while baking. Do not skip this step.
If you don’t freeze the dough, you’ll end up with cookies that spread way too much and they will likely be crispy brownie cookies.
We want thick and fudgy cookies.
Key to Success #3 – Don’t Overcrowd the Pan
I used a large cookie scoop to form my balls.
I think cookie dough scoops are a real lifesaver in the kitchen because they allow you to make perfectly-sized portions of dough much easier than traditional methods.
My cookie pan fit about 6 dough balls at one time.
You don’t want to overcrowd the dough.
Your dough needs room to spread a bit while they are cooking.
It’s not like our pretty sugar cookies that keep their precise edges.
These cookies are really good with a tall glass of milk.
It’s just like eating a brownie in cookie form.
I love how it’s a little crispy around the edges like the edge piece of a brownie but it’s soft and sweet and fudgy in the middle.
What a treat!
Save this Chocolate Brownie Cookies recipe to your favorite Cookie Board or your Brownies board.
- 16 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter in microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring every minute. Stir until completely smooth.
- In large bowl, beat eggs with the sugar at medium speed until thick and pale, about 5 minutes. Mix in the vanilla.
- Using rubber spatula, fold in melted chocolate. Then fold in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into a shallow baking dish then cover and freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Scoop 2 Tbsp-sized mounds of dough onto baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake 10-12 minutes, utnil cookies are dry around the edges and cracked on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g
Nutrition Information Provided For Educational and Informational Purposes Only.