Discover the secret to ultimate comfort with our Homemade Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies. Each bite is a blend of nostalgia and delight, with freshly baked cookies sandwiching a rich peanut butter filling. Made with love, these cookies are perfect for cozying up on a lazy afternoon. Treat yourself, because you deserve the best!
Table of contents
The other day, I introduced you to the Best Peanut Butter Cookies.
And they are seriously the best peanut butter cookies.
But what can make the best peanut butter cookies even better?
How about adding a thick peanut butter filling between two cookies to make a peanut butter sandwich cookie?
It sounds a bit like a Nutter Butter, doesn’t it?
We sacrificed a few of our peanut butter cookies that we made on Saturday for this experiment.
And none of us were disappointed with our efforts. It was quite a tasty treat!
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
🔑 Key to Success #1 – The Filling
The filling is very thick and fluffy and oh so peanut buttery.
It starts out with mixing softened butter and peanut butter until smooth and creamy. I recommend Jif peanut butter.
This recipe would not work well with a natural type peanut butter.
Tip! Make sure your butter is not melted at all.
If your butter is melted, the filling will turn out more like the base of a peanut butter bar and will not be like a creamy cookie filling.
But now that I think of it, the filling for a peanut butter bar might be really delicious between two of the best peanut butter cookies.
Perhaps that should be our next experiment?
Emily helped me pipe the filling between the cookie layers.
There was one cookie leftover and Emily piped a mountain of filling on it. Who do you think got to eat that one?
If you love peanut butter, you should check out our Crock-Pot Reese’s Cake.
It combines chocolate and peanut butter for a fantastic dessert.
📌 Get the Printable Recipe for Homemade Nutter Butter Cookies
Save this Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookie Recipe to your favorite Cookie Board or your Peanut Butter Lovers Board.
For the Cookies
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- granulated sugar
For the Filling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter, Jif creamy
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- In large bowl, mix together butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix in baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add flour and mix well. Add peanut butter and mix until completely combined.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls then roll in granulated sugar. Place on cookie sheet. Use a fork to flatten dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes until light brown.
For the Filling
- In a small mixing bowl, beat together softened butter and peanut butter until creamy. Add powdered sugar and mix well. Add 2-3 Tbsp milk until the filling is the desired consistency.
- Pipe or spread filling between two cookies.
For best results, do not use a natural type peanut butter. I prefer Jif creamy peanut butter.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 409Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 353mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 8g
Nutrition Information Provided For Educational and Informational Purposes Only.