Which is better – chocolate cake or chocolate frosting?
I’ve got the perfect chocolate buttercream frosting recipe for you today.
This frosting will knock your socks off. It’s so rich and creamy but yet it holds its shape beautifully so it’s easy to use for decorating all your favorite cakes.
Be sure to check out the Perfect Chocolate Cake recipe. It pairs wonderfully with this Perfect Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
Back to the Perfect Chocolate Buttercream Frosting …
1. Use real butter, not margarine – I prefer to use salted butter but unsalted butter works equally well.
2. Speaking of salt, if your frosting is too sweet for your taste you can add a pinch or two of salt. I add salt almost every time.
3. Go ahead and use a full cup of your favorite cocoa powder. If you’re looking for a dark chocolate frosting, use the Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder. It is delicious!
This recipe makes enough frosting to generously frost a two-layer cake.
Let’s get cooking!
- 3 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cream together butter and cocoa powder until well-combined.
- Alternate adding powdered sugar and milk. After each, turn mixer on high speed for about a minute. Repeat until all powdered sugar and milk have been added.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- May add more powdered sugar or milk until frosting reaches desired consistency.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Check out these other related recipes at GraceLikeRainBlog.com
Pecan Praline Cookies are a classic holiday favorite! These delicious, buttery pecan cookies have a distinct toasted pecan flavor that pairs wonderfully with their soft, chewy texture. Perfect for enjoying with coffee or tea, these treats will be sure to make your Christmas extra sweet!
Extra Moist Pumpkin Bread is the perfect solution to your autumn baking needs. It’s made with real pumpkin puree and a combination of sugar and spice and everything nice, making it incredibly delicious. The addition of coconut oil helps to keep the bread tender while still providing a great flavor. The texture is soft, light, and cake-like.
Our Instant Mashed Potatoes that Taste Homemade recipe Is a dream come true during the holidays. You can serve mashed potatoes for a crowd in minutes, and they won’t even know that the potatoes came from a box. Enjoy the convenience and deliciousness without sacrificing the taste you love.