Which is better – chocolate cake or chocolate frosting?
I’ve got the perfect chocolate buttercream frosting recipe for you today.
This frosting will knock your socks off. It’s so rich and creamy but yet it holds its shape beautifully so it’s easy to use for decorating all your favorite cakes.
Be sure to check out the Perfect Chocolate Cake recipe. It pairs wonderfully with this Perfect Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
Back to the Perfect Chocolate Buttercream Frosting …
I used this frosting recipe for a cute and easy Construction Birthday Cake and also Noah’s Incredibles 2 Birthday Cake.
1. Use real butter, not margarine – I prefer to use salted butter but unsalted butter works equally well.
2. Speaking of salt, if your frosting is too sweet for your taste you can add a pinch or two of salt. I add salt almost every time.
3. Go ahead and use a full cup of your favorite cocoa powder. If you’re looking for a dark chocolate frosting, use the Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder. It is delicious!
This recipe makes enough frosting to generously frost a two-layer cake.
Let’s get cooking!
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
This rich and creamy chocolate buttercream frosting recipe is the perfect topping for your next chocolate cake. Chocolate on top of chocolate just cannot be beat.
- 3 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cream together butter and cocoa powder until well-combined.
- Alternate adding powdered sugar and milk. After each, turn mixer on high speed for about a minute. Repeat until all powdered sugar and milk have been added.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- May add more powdered sugar or milk until frosting reaches desired consistency.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Check out these other related recipes at GraceLikeRainBlog.com
Mile-High Chocolate Mousse Pie