One of the best things about this Strawberry Angel Cake is how easy it is to throw it all together. The end product is so sparkly and special but it comes together in a flash. You could put this cake together in 30 minutes or less.
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
The Cake – The More Angelic The Better
This Strawberry Angel Cake starts out with an Angel Food Cake.
You can get one from your local supermarket or use your favorite recipe if you like.
I used a boxed mix to make my angel food cake.
The Strawberries – Fresh ‘n Fruity
You’ll need one pound of fresh or frozen strawberries.
I used a pound of fresh strawberries and sliced them into bite-sized pieces.
The Strawberry Glaze – Lemme Tell You What Good Is
I used the Marzetti Glaze! for Strawberries.
Go ahead and mix the glaze with the strawberries in a small bowl.
Didn’t I tell you it was easy?
The Stuffing Technique
To get the strawberry filling into the middle of your Strawberry Angel Cake, follow the steps below in this exact order.
- Using a serrated knife, gently cut the top 1 inch off your angel food cake and set aside.
- Next, starting 1 inch from the outside of your cake, cut a circle all the way around the top of your cake. Use the picture above for reference.
- Now, starting 1 inch from the inside of your cake, cut a circle around the top of your cake.
- Using your fingers, remove the cake in between your cut lines to make a channel for your strawberry filling. Be sure to leave about an inch of cake along the bottom of your channel to keep you filling from spilling out.
- Using a spoon, fill the channel with strawberry filling going a little bit above the top of the cake.
- Place the top of your cake back into place, making sure it’s nice and even.
The Cherry On Top – Err, the Topping
The topping on this angelic treat is a simple sweetened whipped cream.
Just heavy cream and a little bit of sugar.
I prefer to use powdered sugar but granulated sugar will work too.
If you love it, share it! Make it for your friends. Tell them where you got the recipe. Let’s be social.
Please save this Strawberry Angel Cake recipe and share it with your friends!
- 1 angel food cake
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1 tub (13.5 oz) strawberry glaze, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Bake Angel Food Cake using your favorite recipe or boxed mix, or use a pre-baked Angel Food Cake from your local grocer. Make sure cake is cooled completely.
- Slice 1 pound of strawberries into bite-sized pieces. Mix strawberries and strawberry glaze together in a small bowl.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the top 1 inch off the Angel Food Cake. Set top aside.
- Starting 1 inch from the outside edge of the remaining cake, cut a ring around the top of the cake being careful not to cut all the way through the bottom of the cake. Try to stay about 1 inch from the bottom of the cake.
- Starting 1 inch from the inside edge of the cake, cut another ring, again being careful not to cut through the bottom of the cake.
- Using your fingers, remove the cake in between your two cuts to leave a channel for your strawberry mixture. Make sure you leave about an inch of cake in the bottom of the channel.
- Spoon strawberry mixture into the channel, filling slightly above the top of the cake.
- Replace the top of your cake.
- Using stand mixer or hand mixer, whip together heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form, about 1 minute. Do not over-whip. Spread on top of cake. Garnish with additional whipped cream or fresh strawberries.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g