Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites are fun little treats that are just like those pretzels at the mall. I’ll share all the tricks to make these at home, including how to make the delicious cream cheese dipping sauce that you know and love.
These Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel bites are just like the ones you find at the mall! They are so good dipped in the decadent Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce.
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
Key to Success #1 – Use a Stand Mixer If You Can
If you have a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment, use it to mix up the pretzel dough.
The pretzel dough comes together very easily and is soft and easy to work with but it needs to be kneaded.
If you don’t have a stand mixer, you’ll need to knead the dough by hand until it’s soft and smooth.
I put the pretzel dough into the bowl of my Kitchenaid mixer when I let it rise too.
Just remove the dough and wipe the bowl clean then oil it well before returning the dough to the bowl.
Be sure to cover the bowl loosely with plastic wrap then lay a clean, dry kitchen towel on top.
Tip! For faster dough rising, preheat your oven to 250 degrees F then turn the oven off and put your bowl of dough inside.
Key to Success #2 – Form The Pretzel Bites
It’s super easy to make the pretzel bites with this dough.
When your dough is finished rising, punch it down then divide the dough into 8 equal pieces.
Then roll each piece of dough into a rope about 24 inches long.
I use my hands to roll the dough into ropes. The biggest thing to keep in mind is that you want the whole rope to be approximately the same diameter throughout.
After the ropes are rolled out, use a sharp serrated knife to cut the into bite-sized pieces.
They should be a little over an inch long. When it was all said and done, I ended up with about 75 pretzel bites.
Key to Success #3 – Pretzels All Love a Soda Bath
In order to get that nice classic chewy pretzel crust, your pretzels will need a baking soda bath.
Take a large pot or roasting pan and fill it with 10 cups of water then add 2/3 cup of baking soda. Bring this mixture to a boil.
After the soda water comes to a boil, drop 2 or 3 pretzel bites in the water at a time.
They’ll need to stay in the bath for only about 3 seconds then use a slotted spoon to remove them and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Key to Success #4 – Into the Air Fryer They Go
The Pretzel Bites only need about 5-7 minutes in the Air Fryer.
Put the Pretzel Bites in an even layer in the Air Fryer then set the timer for 3 minutes.
After 3 minutes, shake the Air Fryer basket to redistribute the Pretzels for even cooking then set the timer for another 2-3 minutes.
I was able to get about 15 Pretzel Bites into my Cozyna 5.8 Qt Air Fryer at one time.
Key to Success #5 – Butter Me Up Then Salt Me
After the Pretzel Bites come out of the Air Fryer, they’re ready to get buttered up.
Dip them into melted butter then place then on a piece of waxed paper for a minute or two so that they can soak up some of the butter.
While the butter is soaking in, sprinkle a little salt over the Pretzel Bites.
This adds a lot of flavors and really amps up these Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites.
Key to Success #6 – Give Me All the Cinnamon and Sugar
After the butter soaks into your Pretzel Bites for a couple minutes, put the Pretzels into a zip-top bag that has cinnamon and sugar in it.
Then shake it all around. The cinnamon and sugar will stick to the butter and make your Pretzel Bites oh so delicious.
Key to Success #7 – Don’t Forget The Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce
The Cream Cheese Dip is a decadent mix of cream cheese, butter, vanilla, milk and powdered sugar.
Make sure you let your cream cheese and butter soften before you make your dip. It’ll be so much easier to mix up your dip.
You can adjust the thickness of your Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce by adding more milk.
You’ll want the dipping sauce to be thin enough that it’ll slowly drip off the back of a spoon but so thin that it’ll just run all over the place.
I hope you’ll give this recipe a try. It’s totally worth the effort and turns out great in the Air Fryer.
Save this Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites Recipe to your favorite Air Fryer Recipes board.
For Pretzel Bites
- 1 1/2 cups warm water 110 to 115 degrees F
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 oz melted butter
- 10 cups water
- 2/3 cup baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
For Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Combine water, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with dough hook. Sprinkle yeast on top and allow to sit 5 minutes.
- Add flour and butter. Mix on low speed until combined. Increase to medium speed and knead until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the side of bowl, approximately 5 minutes.
- Place dough in well-greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and sit in warm place for 50-60 minutes until the dough has doubled in size.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Preheat Air Fryer at 400 degrees F.
- In large stock pot or roasting pan, combine 10 cups of water and the baking soda and bring to a boil.
- Place pretzel dough onto an oiled work surface and divide into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a 24-inch rope. Cut each rope into bite-sized pieces, a little over an inch long.
- One-by-one, place each pretzel into the boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove from water and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In batches, place pretzels in single layer in the basket of Air Fryer. Cook 3 minutes then shake basket to redistribute pretzel bites. Cook another 2-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove pretzels from Air Fryer. Melt butter in small bowl. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a zip-top baggie. Dip pretzel bites into melted butter then place on piece of waxed paper for a minute or two to let the butter soak in. Sprinkle with salt*.
- Put buttered pretzel bites into cinnamon and sugar bag then shake to coat. Remove pretzels and place on waxed paper.
For Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce
- Using hand mixer, combine cream cheese and butter. Slowly add in powdered sugar and milk until dipping sauce has reached desired consistency. (You may need to use more than 1/2 cup milk.)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 75 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 402mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
Here are some other great Air Fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Soft Pretzels
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Air Fryer Fruit Pies
Or look through our Air Fryer Archives.
** This post may contain affiliate links.