Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rolls are a rich and creamy Italian meal. It’s like traditional chicken alfredo rolled up with ricotta in a lasagna noodle and topped with loads of luscious cheese. Your kids will love it too!
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rolls are a fun take on traditional Chicken Alfredo.
It’s Chicken Alfred made better with the addition of some ricotta, mozzarella, and lots of Parmesan cheese.
It’s a kid-friendly favorite at our house for sure.
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
Key to Success #1 – Make Fresh Homemade Alfredo Sauce
The fresh homemade alfredo sauce really makes these Chicken Alfredo lasagna Roll Ups what they are.
Sure, you can use jarred alfredo sauce but it will not be nearly as good as this homemade alfredo sauce.
We use this same alfredo sauce in our Fettuccine Alfredo recipe.
The alfredo sauce starts off by melting together the butter, heavy cream, and a little bit of cream cheese.
These three ingredients create the base for the alfredo sauce.
Then you add the herbs and spices and cook over medium heat until the mixture starts to thicken.
Finally, add in some Parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese is fully melted.
Once the cheese is melted, the sauce can be left to simmer on low heat until you are ready to use it.
Key to Success #2 – Add Ricotta to the Shredded Chicken
One of the things that really adds a lot of flavor to this Italian dish is the ricotta cheese.
We’re adding a container of ricotta to the shredded chicken along with plenty of Italian spices.
On its own, this chicken mixture is delicious.
But it’s even better when you top it with the homemade alfredo sauce.
For this recipe, I cooked the chicken in my Instant Pot.
The Instant Pot is great because it saves a lot of time over boiling chicken on the stovetop.
And you don’t have to babysit the pot to make sure it doesn’t boil over. That’s huge!
I cooked about 4-5 small frozen chicken breasts for 45 minutes on high pressure.
The chicken was moist and tender and very easy to shred.
Remove the fully cooked chicken from the Instant Pot and place it into a large mixing bowl.
Use two forks to shred the chicken.
If the chicken seems a bit dry, you can add in some of the broth from the Instant Pot.
Finally, stir in the ricotta cheese and the spices.
Key to Success #3 – Lay the Cooked Lasagna Noodles on Greased Wax Paper
You’re going to need a large stockpot to cook your lasagna noodles.
They will not fit well in a saucepan.
If the uncooked noodles stick out of the water a bit, just give them a minute to soften.
As they soften, they will slide under the surface of the water.
When the noodles are fully cooked, pour them into a strainer to remove the water.
Then use a pair of tongs or two forks to lay the lasagna noodles out flat onto a sheet of wax paper that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
The wet noodles tend to stick to each other and themselves so it’s important to work quickly.
And make sure the wax paper is well-greased so that the noodles won’t stick.
Spread the chicken mixture on 2/3 of each noodle, leaving one end bare.
Use the back of the spoon to press the chicken to cover the noodle.
It doesn’t have to be perfect or pretty, but you don’t want a lot of chicken overhanging the noodle.
Next, drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of alfredo sauce over the chicken on each roll.
Less is more here. The more sauce, the messier they will be to roll.
Starting at the chicken end, roll the noodle up toward the bare end.
As you roll, some of the chicken mixture will squish down toward the bare end.
Place the rolled lasagna noodle on its side in your greased baking dish.
Make sure the seam side of the noodle is facing down.
Do not try to stand the lasagna noodle up on its end. It should lay on its side.
In a 9×13-inch baking dish, you should be able to fit about 5 lasagna rolls on each side so you will have a total of 10 lasagna rolls.
Key to Success #4 – Cover with Foil before Baking
Pour the remaining alfredo sauce over all the rolls in the baking dish.
Next, pile on the mozzarella cheese then sprinkle a little more Parmesan on top for good measure.
You can ever have too much cheese, am I right?
Cover the baking dish with foil before baking.
You will bake the Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rolls covered with foil for 20 minutes.
Then you will remove the foil and cook another 10 minutes without the foil.
This cooking method will allow your lasagna rolls to get nice and hot without over-browning the cheese.
These Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rolls would be perfect with some Olive Garden CopyCat Breadsticks or some crusty bread.
Save this Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rolls recipe to your favorite Pasta Dishes board or your Italian Dinner board.
- 10 lasagna noodles
- 3-4 cups chicken, cooked & shredded
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
For the Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9x13-inch baking dish. Set aside. Spread large sheet of parchment paper or wax paper on the countertop. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large stockpot, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, start cooking butter, cream cheese, and heavy cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in garlic, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Continue cooking, whisking constantly, until the sauce starts to simmer.
- Allow sauce to simmer 1-2 minutes until it starts to thicken. Add in Parmesan cheese and whisk to combine. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, combine shredded chicken, ricotta cheese, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp onion powder, and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. MIx well.
- When pasta has finished cooking, drain the water then lay the lasagna noodles out flat on the greased parchment paper.
- Spread the chicken mixture onto each lasagna noodle, leaving about 1 inch bare at the end.
- Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of alfredo sauce on each noodle.
- Roll each lasagna noodle up, starting at the end with the chicken and working toward the bare end.
- Spread 1/2 cup of alfredo sauce into the bottom of the greased baking dish.
- Place lasagna rolls on top of alfredo sauce, laying them on their side with the seam side down.
- Pour the remaining alfredo sauce over the lasagna rolls in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the alfredo sauce then sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the top.
- Cover baking dish with foil then bake covered for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cuisinart 722-24 Chef's Classic Stainless 10-Inch Open Skillet
Fiesta Rectangle Baker, 9" by 13", Slate
Kitchen Gizmo Snap N Strain Strainer - Orange | Patented Clip On Silicone Colander | Fits all Pots and Bowls
U.S. Kitchen Supply - Premium Quality Over The Sink Stainless Steel Oval Colander with Fine Mesh 6 Quart Strainer Basket & Expandable Rubber Grip Handles - Strain, Drain, Rinse Fruits, Vegetables
Cooks Standard Classic stockpot, 20 Quart, Stainless Steel
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 945Total Fat: 66gSaturated Fat: 33gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 291mgSodium: 1016mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 60g
Nutrition Information Provided For Educational and Informational Purposes Only.
Check out these other related recipes at GraceLikeRainBlog.com
Pecan Praline Cookies are a classic holiday favorite! These delicious, buttery pecan cookies have a distinct toasted pecan flavor that pairs wonderfully with their soft, chewy texture. Perfect for enjoying with coffee or tea, these treats will be sure to make your Christmas extra sweet!
Extra Moist Pumpkin Bread is the perfect solution to your autumn baking needs. It’s made with real pumpkin puree and a combination of sugar and spice and everything nice, making it incredibly delicious. The addition of coconut oil helps to keep the bread tender while still providing a great flavor. The texture is soft, light, and cake-like.
Our Instant Mashed Potatoes that Taste Homemade recipe Is a dream come true during the holidays. You can serve mashed potatoes for a crowd in minutes, and they won’t even know that the potatoes came from a box. Enjoy the convenience and deliciousness without sacrificing the taste you love.