Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts are one of my favorite foods to make in the air fryer. The chicken breasts remain juicy and the crispy bacon adds a lot of rich flavor.
I love to eat the bacon that is wrapped around the chicken breasts, but a lot of people in my family do not.
Whether you choose to eat the bacon or not is totally up to you.
Even if you don’t actually eat the bacon, it helps ensure that the chicken breasts are juicy and not dried out.
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
Key to Success #1 – No Thick Cut Bacon
While I love thick-cut bacon as much as the next person, it’s not a great choice for bacon-wrapped chicken breasts.
Thick-cut bacon would not have enough time to get crispy before the chicken was fully cooked.
You would risk overcooking the chicken or ending up with undercooked bacon.
Choose high-quality thin cut bacon, or regular cut bacon, for this easy air fryer recipe.
Use two or three slices of bacon per chicken breast.
The number of bacon slices will depend on the size of the breasts.
You want to fully cover the chicken breasts with bacon if at all possible.
More bacon coverage means juicier chicken breasts.
Key to Success #2 – Secure Bacon with Toothpicks
While this step is optional, following it will result in a prettier end result.
As you wrap each slice of bacon around the chicken breast, secure the end with a toothpick.
If the bacon is not secured, the powerful fan in the air fryer may make the edges come loose and get overly browned.
When I make bacon-wrapped chicken breasts, I seldom secure the bacon with a toothpick.
I wrap the bacon and try to make sure each slice of bacon ends underneath the chicken or at least as far to the side as possible.
Key to Success #3 – Check Temp With an Instant Read Thermometer
The easiest way to know when the chicken is fully cooled is by checking with an instant-read meat thermometer.
Cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
If your chicken breasts are on the smaller side, consider starting to check them after cooking for about 16 minutes.
Normal-sized chicken breasts normally cook in 18 to 20 minutes.
You can also flip the chicken breasts after 10 minutes if you would prefer.
If you flip the chicken, be extra gentle so that the bacon does not come loose.
I usually do not flip the chicken unless the bacon on the bottom looks like it needs a little extra time
Save this Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breast recipe to your favorite Air Fryer Recipes board or your Easy Chicken Recipes board.
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12-16 slices of bacon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees F.
- Trim chicken breasts, season them well, then wrap 2-3 slices of bacon around each chicken breast. Try to cover the entire chicken with the bacon.
- Place bacon-covered chicken breasts into the air fryer basket, making sure not to overlap them.
- Cook 18-20 minutes until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the chicken breasts reads 160 degrees F. Turn over halfway through cooking if desired.
- Turning the chicken over is optional. If there is not a lot of room between the chicken breasts, I would recommend turning them over. But turn them carefully so that the bacon doesn't fall off.
- You can use toothpicks to secure the bacon if desired. I usually skip this step because most people in my family don't actually eat the bacon.
- Even if you do not eat the bacon, it keeps your chicken nice and juicy and adds extra flavor. Highly recommend.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Saferell Instant Read Meat Thermometer for Cooking, Fast & Precise Digital Food Thermometer with Backlight, Magnet, Calibration, and Foldable Probe for Deep Fry, BBQ, Grill, and Roast Turkey/Black
17 Pcs Air Fryer Accessories with Recipe Cookbook for Growise Phillips Cozyna Fits All 3.2QT - 5.8QT Air Fryer, 7in Deep Fryer Accessories
GoWISE USA 1700-Watt 5.8-QT 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer with Recipe Book, Black
Tongs for Cooking, Kitchen Tongs with Silicone Tips, High Heat Resistant Locking Tongs, Heavy Duty,Great Grips,Set of 3-7,9,12 inches
Kitchen Shears, Acelone Premium Heavy Duty Shears Ultra Sharp Stainless Steel Multi-function Kitchen Scissors for Chicken/Poultry/Fish/Meat/Vegetables/Herbs/BBQ… (Orange black)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 413Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 863mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 53g
Nutrition Information Provided For Educational and Informational Purposes Only.