Chicken Enchilada Dip combines all the flavors of a traditional chicken enchilada into a wonderfully flavorful hot cheese dip. This hearty dip is perfect for your next game-day party.
You will definitely want to have this dip recipe handy for your game day snacking or your family get-together.
Everybody raves about this easy dip that is ready in under 30 minutes.
You can also heat it up in the crockpot so that it’s easy to keep warm.
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
Key to Success #1 – Cut the Chicken Into Bite-Sized Pieces
Instead of shredding the chicken, we’re cutting it into bite-sized pieces.
This will ensure that the dip has a bit of texture to it and it’s not just mushy.
After the chicken breasts have been cooked, use a sharp knife to cut them into bite-sized pieces.
Or use a pair of kitchen shears to cut the chicken.
If the chicken is still hot, you may need to wear a pair of rubber gloves to protect your fingers from the heat while cutting it up.
Cutting the chicken instead of shredding it is really a game-changer in this easy dip recipe.
Key to Success #2 – Soften the Cream Cheese
This easy dip starts by mixing together cream cheese and Greek yogurt.
To ensure that the ingredients can be mixed smoothly, it’s important to make sure the cream cheese is softened before you begin mixing.
The best way to soften cream cheese is to allow it to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour.
If you’re short on time, you can speed things up by microwaving the unwrapped cream cheese for 20 seconds on HIGH power.
Use a hand mixer to blend together the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and spices.
Next, add in the red enchilada sauce and mix on low speed until fully combined.
Finally, fold in the beans, corn, tomatoes, chicken, and 1 cup of cheese using a spoon or a spatula.
You definitely don’t want to use the mixer for this step or all your ingredients will get smushed together.
Spread the dip into a casserole dish then top with additional cheese.
Key to Success #3 – Bake Until Bubbly
Top the Chicken Enchilada Dip with a layer of cheese then pop it into the oven to bake.
Leave the baking dish uncovered so that the cheese will brown while the dip is heating.
Once the dip comes out of the oven, sprinkle the chopped cilantro on top.
Serve this delicious dip with tortilla chips, Fritos Scoops, or even crunchy veggies.
You can also heat up this dip in a Crock Pot. Heat on low heat for 2-4 hours.
This hearty dip will be a favorite for years to come!
Save this Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip recipe to your favorite Chips and Dips board or your Mexican Appetizers board.
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp ground chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 can (10 oz) red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 oz) Southwest corn with poblano and red peppers, drained
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes in green chilies, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 9x13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer on medium speed, beat together the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic powder until well combined. Reduce mixer to low speed and mix in the enchilada sauce.
- Use a spoon to gently fold in the beans, corn, tomatoes, chicken, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Spread the mixture into the greased baking dish. Top with the remaining cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes until the dip is hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 318mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 9g
Nutrition Information Provided For Educational and Informational Purposes Only.