Peppermint Patty Brownies feature a rich and indulgent chocolate brownie layered with real York Peppermint Patties. These chocolate mint brownies are sure to be a favorite for anyone who loves minty flavors.
We often keep a few York Peppermint Patties in our freezer in case we need a refreshing small treat.
Those little treats are the inspiration for these easy Peppermint Patty Brownies.
You’re going to love the crinkly, fudgy brownies with the York Peppermint Patties inside.
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
Key to Success #1 – Easy One-Bowl Recipe
This brownie recipe is so easy that you don’t even need your electric mixer.
All you need is one bowl and a spoon to mix up the brownie batter.
Start by melting the butter.
If you are using a microwave-safe bowl, you can melt the butter inside the bowl so that you don’t even need to dirty up another bowl.
Stir in the sugar and vanilla extract.
Next, add the eggs and stir the mixture well.
I use a glass bowl when I’m making many baked goods because it’s perfect for mixing, microwaving, and more.
Key to Success #2 – Don’t Overmix the Dry Ingredients
For tender and moist brownies, it’s important to stir in the dry ingredients until they are just combined.
The dry ingredients in these brownies are cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
Be sure that you are using unsweetened cocoa powder in this brownie recipe.
We’re using a full cup of unsweetened cocoa powder for a rich chocolate flavor.
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until the batter is fully combined.
This is the key to moist and fudgy brownies.
Key to Success #3 – Don’t Let the Patties Touch The Pan
Start by layering half of the brownie batter into the bottom of the baking dish.
Spread the batter all the way to the edges of the pan.
Next, press the York Peppermint Patty candy into the batter.
To avoid an ooey-gooey mess, don’t let York Peppermint Patties touch the sides of the baking dish.
And don’t let them touch each other either.
I was able to fit 24 patties in my baking dish by placing them four across in six rows.
Press each candy into the brownie batter slightly so that it will be easier to cover.
Finally, spread the remaining brownie batter over the peppermint patties, making sure to cover them completely.
It’s critical to cover the peppermint patties with brownie batter before baking.
Save this Peppermint Patty Brownies recipe to your favorite Brownies board or your Easy Desserts board.
- 1 1/2 cups butter, melted
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 24 York peppermint patties, unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Add eggs and stir well to combine.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the greased baking pan and spread to the edges.
- Top with peppermint patties, pressing the candies into the batter. Do not let the patties touch the sides of the pan.
- Spread the remaining brownie batter over the peppermint patties, making sure to cover them completely with brownie batter.
- Bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes until the brownies start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 228mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 3g
Nutrition Information Provided For Educational and Informational Purposes Only.