Everybody says they have the perfect chocolate cake recipe but this is really the best chocolate cake recipe. This cake is so moist and so rich and chocolatey that it’ll make ya say “Mmmmmmmm.”
If That’s Not Enough of a Reason …
If that’s not enough of a reason to try this cake recipe, I’ll go ahead and tell you that this cake is EASY to make.
Like, one-bowl easy.
You can mix up all the ingredients in one bowl.
You don’t even have to use a mixer if you don’t want to, but I always do.
Hey, Where’s the Rest of My Cake?
One thing I love about this chocolate cake recipe is that it makes two nice, thick, fluffy layers of cake.
There’s nothing that irritates me more than spending all that effort making a cake only for it to turn out with a couple of thin layers that leave me screaming, “Where’s the rest of my cake?”
The layers always turn out very even and smooth. They never dome up or dry out on the edges. It really is the perfect chocolate cake.
There is a secret to this perfect cake recipe though.
What’s the secret?
The secret to this wonderful recipe is the boiling water that goes into it.
When you add the boiling water, it really activates the cocoa powder and releases that wonderful deep chocolate flavor into the cake.
In addition, it helps keep the cake moist and fluffy. You can’t beat a moist and flavorful chocolate cake.
I’d suggest lining your pans with parchment paper to ensure that the cake layers will slide right out of the pans.
Be sure to grease OR grease and flour the top of the parchment before adding your batter. This will ensure a smooth, beautiful cake.
The Best Chocolate Cake
It's called the best chocolate cake for a reason. This moist, delicious cake will be a hit at your next dinner or party. It turns out perfectly every. single. time. Trust me on this one.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring.
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt to a large bowl.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter until well combined.
- Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely.
- Frost cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Check out these other related recipes at GraceLikeRainBlog.com
Chocolate Cobbler – A New Twist on a Classic
Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Creamy Dreamy Banana Cream Pie