This Banana Nut Bread recipe is so popular because it’s easy to make and turns out perfectly every time. The addition of sour cream keeps the bread super moist and adds great flavor. With or without nuts, you will definitely want to try this Banana Nut Bread recipe.
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
Key to Success #1 – Ripe Bananas
When making Banana Nut Bread, you’ll want to make sure you use the ripest bananas you can find.
They don’t have to be black, but it’s best if you use spotted bananas for the most flavorful Banana Bread.
If your bananas are not ripe yet, you can speed up the ripening process by placing your bananas into a paper bag overnight.
Or just wait a few days to make your Banana Nut Bread.
You can also put whole unpeeled bananas in a 250 degree F oven for about 15 minutes.
This will help the bananas soften and sweeten up a bit.
When baking with bananas, it doesn’t pay to add extra bananas to the mix.
Extra bananas can lead to a dense and tough loaf of bread.
Just be sure to mash your bananas well before incorporating them into your batter.
Key to Success #2 – Add Sour Cream
The addition of sour cream really amps up the moisture to keep your bread nice and light.
You’ll only use a half-cup of sour cream but it’s definitely enough to notice a difference in the texture of your Banana Nut Bread.
You can use the lower fat sour cream in this recipe if you’d prefer.
Key to Success #3 – No Mixer Required
This easy one-bowl Banana Nut Bread requires no mixer.
All you need is a wooden spoon or a whisk to bring everything together.
Once you add the flour, you’ll want to mix the batter as little as possible so that your bread will bake up with a beautiful, fluffy texture.
Just a few stirs with a spatula or wooden spoon is all you need.
For more easy recipes, follow us on Facebook and like and share the image below.
Save this Banana Nut Bread recipe to your favorite Banana Recipes board or your Bread Recipes Board.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas, about 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 9X5-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and oil. Add eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add four, baking soda, and salt. Stir until just blended. Stir in nuts. Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Replace half of oil with equal amount unsweetened applesauce
- Reduce sugar to 2/3 cup
- Use reduced fat sour cream
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g