Bean Pot Chicken Enchiladas are a tasty Mexican meal made with Salsa Chicken, Fritos corn chips, and lots of yummy cheese. And it all cooks up in 8 minutes in your microwave oven. Can your weeknight dinner get any easier?
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
Do you have a Bean Pot?
Make sure your bean pot is microwave-safe.
Most bean pots are made of ceramic and these would be dishwasher safe, but some are made of cast iron.
Always check the label!
If you don’t have a bean pot, any good microwave-safe covered casserole dish will be perfect!
Don’t stress about the word bean pot. It’s just a label.
Key to Success #1 – Use the Best Chicken
Salsa Chicken is a versatile recipe that is great in any of your Mexican chicken recipes.
It adds a lot of great flavor to these Chicken Enchiladas.
It’s easy to make in your Instant Pot or slow cooker.
I always keep a bag or two in the freezer for busy weeknight dinners. Click here for the Salsa Chicken recipe.
If you’re in a hurry and you don’t have time to make Salsa Chicken, you can use a large can of chicken breast.
I strongly prefer the Tyson brand of canned chicken.
We use the Tyson canned chicken all the time and it’s always good quality without anything weird if you know what I’m saying.
Key to Success #2 – Add the Chips Last
I like to start heating up the enchilada sauce and cheese then add the chips in for only the last few minutes.
Adding the chips last helps keep them from getting soggy in the sauce while it cooks up.
You can also reserve some of the Fritos and sprinkle them over the enchiladas to add a little more crunch.
Key to Success #3 – Top It With Some Yum
For a little extra yum, you can top with extra cheese and then slip your Bean Pot under the broiler in your oven for 2-3 minutes until the cheese melts and starts to get bubbly.
These Bean Pot Chicken Enchiladas are great topped with sour cream, salsa, hot sauce, jalapenos, or any Mexican toppings that you like.
For more great, family-friendly recipes, please follow us on Facebook!
Save this Bean Pot Chicken Enchiladas recipe to your favorite Mexican Food board or your Enchiladas board.
- 1 bag (9 oz) Fritos corn chips
- 2 cups Salsa Chicken or 16 oz can Tyson chicken breast
- 2 cups Mexican-blend cheese, grated
- 1 can (10 oz) Ro-tel tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 can (28 oz) enchilada sauce
- Spray inside of Bean Pot with cooking spray.
- Place enchilada sauce and Ro-tel tomatoes and 2 cups of cheese into Bean Pot. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Add Fritos then stir gently. Cover and microwave on high another 4 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir. If desired, top with additional cheese and place Bean Pot under broiler for 2-3 minutes until cheese on top melts.
Garnish with additional crushed Fritos, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g