Hello Dolly Cookie Bars are a wonderful classic cookie recipe that is straight from the 60’s when Hello Dolly! was on Broadway. These cookies are ooey gooey and delicious, which such a great nutty flavor. You can’t go wrong with chocolate, nuts, and coconut.
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
Key to Success #1 – Start With A Tender Crust
When you’re making a graham cracker crust, you’ll want to make sure it’s not too thick.
For a 13×9-inch pan of Hello Dolly Bars, you’ll want about 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs. This is approximately 9 full sheets of graham crackers.
Tip! Use your food processor to turn graham crackers into crumbs. Just a few pulses is all you need.
Key to Success #2 – Firmly Press The Crust Into The Pan
Firmly pressing the graham cracker crust into the pan will allow the crust to hold together under the weight of all those yummy toppings.
If you don’t press the crust into the pan, you’ll end up with an ooey gooey but delicious mess.
Key to Success #3 – Drizzle, Don’t Dump
When it comes to the sweetened condensed milk, make sure you drizzle it and don’t dump it.
The sweetened condensed milk will soak down into the topping and the crust to make it all come together into one yummy dessert.
There’s no need to stir the condensed milk into the toppings.
As it cooks, it’ll make its way into all the nooks and crannies of the Hello Dolly Bars. Trust me on this.
This easy, casual dessert will be a family favorite for years to come.
Save this Hello Dolly Cookie Bars recipe to your favorite Brownies and Bars board or your Chocolate Dessert Recipes board.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 13X9-inch pan.
- Combine butter and graham cracker crumbs in bowl until moistened. Firmly press into bottom of baking pan.
- Top with chocolate chips then pecans then coconut flakes. Drizzle with sweetened condensed milk.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until coconut starts to toast. Remove from oven and cool completely. Cut into squares.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
Nutrition Information Provided For Educational and Informational Purposes Only.