Churro Chex Mix is an addictive treat that can be made in minutes. If you know someone who likes churros with caramel sauce, they’ll love this Churro Chex Mix.
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
Key to Success #1 – Stir Caramel Constantly
When making the caramel sauce for this Churro Chex Mix, be sure to stir the pot of sticky goodness constantly.
With so much sugar, the mixture is likely to burn or stick to the bottom of the pan.
You’ll want to set the pot over medium heat.
Don’t be tempted to turn up the heat.
Just be patient and let the anticipation build. It’ll be worth it, I promise.
Key to Success #2 – Choose Your Favorite Chex
I like to use a mixture of Corn Chex cereal and Rice Chex cereal, but you can pick your favorite cereal variety.
You can also choose your own add-ins.
Caramel bits, marshmallows, pecans, pretzels, or cashews would all be delicious options in this Churro Chex Mix.
Key to Success #3 – Sprinkle the Cinnamon Sugar
The cinnamon sugar is sort of the icing on top of this Caramel Churro Chex Mix.
After you spread the caramel-coated Chex onto the baking pan, go ahead and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top.
Lay it on thick.
Use a spatula to stir the cereal around on the pan to make sure it’s well-coated.
After you bake the mixture for 5 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and stir it around again then bake another 3-5 minutes.
When it Churro Chex Mix, it should be golden brown and piping hot.
Pour it out onto a sheet of waxed paper and let it cool. Spread it apart as much as you can so that it won’t clump together.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can eat this Caramel Churro Chex mix in a bowl with milk.
It’s really good this way and stays crunchy for a long time.
Or you can just grab a handful any time.
It’s just as good the next day and the next and … do you really think it’ll last longer than that?
Please share the Churro Chex image below on Pinterest!
- 4 1/2 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 4 1/2 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. In small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar. Place cereal in large bowl. Set aside.
- In medium-sized saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Heat over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Let boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add baking soda and salt. Stir well.
- Pour mixture over cereal and stir gently to coat. Spread cereal onto foil-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 5 minutes then stir well. Bake another 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Spread Churro Chex Mix out onto waxed paper to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g