Cheeseburger Sliders are mini cheeseburgers that are made the easy way in the oven. No flipping tiny burger patties with this recipe. Follow these keys to success for perfect results every time.
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
Key to Success #1 – Use Hawaiian Rolls
The best buns for these little Cheeseburger Sliders are Hawaiian Rolls from the grocery store. You’ll need a package of 12 rolls.
You can easily double this recipe and make more sliders though. You can also use different brands of dinner rolls.
Start by cutting the slab of rolls in half crosswise to separate the tops and the bottoms.
Do not separate the package of rolls into individual rolls.
Just leave them all attached together and cut the tops off using a sawing motion.
For this, you will need a large serrated knife, like a bread knife.
Key to Success #2 – Bake the Burger patties the Easy Way
For the slider burger patties, we’re going to make a slab of seasoned ground beef and bake it in the oven until it’s cooked through.
This will create a slab of hamburger that is approximately the size and shape of your package of rolls.
Be sure to use good, high-quality lean ground beef.
I prefer to use 97% lean beef when I can find it because it isn’t as greasy and doesn’t shink up as much when it’s cooked.
Season the beef with salt, pepper, and garlic powder then press it into the bottom of a 9X13-inch pan.
Then slide the pan into a 350 degree F oven and bake 20-25 minutes until the meat is no longer pink.
Next, drain the grease from the pan then remove the slab of beef onto a cutting board.
Key to Success #3 – Make it mega Melty
After the beef is completely cooked, it’s time to put together your sliders.
Start with a clean 13X9-inch baking dish, line it with aluminum foil, and place the bottom slab of rolls into the pan.
Then add the slab of seasoned beef.
Your beef may be slightly larger than the rolls.
If this happens, it’s okay to trim off some of the beef to make it more even.
Next, add the sauteed onions then the slices of cheese to cover the entire surface of the meat.
Finally, put the slab of top buns on top.
Now that the sliders are assembled, brush the tops with melted butter then sprinkle with sesame seeds to finish them off.
Place the baking dish back into the oven uncovered for 15 minutes until the cheese has melted and the buns are toasted.
Remove the sliders from the oven and place them onto a cutting board.
Use a large, sharp knife to slice all the way through along the rows of rolls then slice into individual sliders.
Serve with mayo, mustard and ketchup on the side.
Save this Cheeseburger Sliders recipe to your favorite Sliders board or your Appetizers board.
- 1.5 - 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp melted butter, divided
- 1/2 small onion
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 12 dinner rolls or Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season ground beef with salt, pepper and garlic powder then press into the bottom of a 9X13-inch baking dish
- Bake ground beef uncovered for 20-25 minutes then remove from oven and drain grease.
- While beef is cooking, melt 1 Tbsp butter in a skillet over medium-high heat then add onion. Cook, stirring often, until onions are translucent.
- Slice rolls in half lengthwise. Place the bottom half in a clean 9X13-inch baking dish. Place the cooked beef on top of the bottom bun then add onions then cheese. Place the top buns on top of the cheese.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with 2 Tbsp of melted butter and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top. Bake rolls uncovered for 15 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown.
- Slice into individual sliders.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 299Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 323mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g