Instant Pot Salsa Chicken is a quick and easy recipe that can be used in so many ways. It’s perfect for chicken soft tacos, chicken enchiladas, or chicken nachos just to name a few. This versatile Shredded Mexican Chicken recipe takes only a few minutes to throw together and then dinner is served.
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
Last week, I bought a couple packages of chicken breasts to make fajitas but we didn’t get around to making them.
We were headed out of town so I went ahead and put the chicken into the Instant Pot and made this Salsa Chicken recipe.
The Salsa Chicken took about an hour to cook start to finish and it turned out great.
I portioned out the shredded chicken into freezer bags then let them cool before sticking them in the freezer.
Versatile Shredded Salsa Chicken
Shredded Salsa Chicken can be used in many different dishes – Chicken Enchiladas, Chicken Soft Tacos, Chicken Taquitos, or Mexican Chicken Casserole.
I shared my Chicken Nachos recipe that uses this Salsa Chicken so be sure to check that one out here: Chicken Nachos.
I wish I’d thought to take better photos of this chicken but it turned out very flavorful and moist.
It’s definitely a crowd-favorite around here.
Save this Instant Pot Salsa Chicken recipe to your favorite Instant Pot board or your Mexican Foods board.
Check out these other fantastic recipes from GraceLikeRainBlog.com.
Shredded Salsa Chicken
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken is a quick and easy recipe that can be used in so many ways. It's perfect for chicken soft tacos, chicken enchiladas, or chicken nachos just to name a few. This versatile Shredded Mexican Chicken recipe takes only a few minutes to throw together and then dinner is served.
- 5-6 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 24 oz salsa, any variety
- Layer raw chicken breasts into the bottom of 6-qt instant pot. Cover with salsa. Close lid.
- Turn steam release handle to SEALING. Set Instant Pot to High Pressure for 25 minutes. After 10 seconds, the Instant Pot will start heating.
- When cooking cycle is completed, let steam release naturally for at least 10 minutes then Quick Release the pressure.
- Drain chicken and reserve cooking liquids. Return chicken to Instant Pot. Use two forks to shred chicken. Return 1-2 cups of cooking liquids back to the pot to moisten chicken.
Salsa Chicken can also be cooked in a slow cooker on low for about 6 hours or on high for about 3 hours.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 743mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 49g
Check out these other related recipes at GraceLikeRainBlog.com
Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese