Flavored water recipes are trending all over the world right now.
We’ve tried many combinations and we’re sharing all the supplies that you need to get started.
From flavor packets and syrups to fruit, herbs, and spices to sweeteners like honey and agave – this guide is your one-stop shop for all the essentials.
See the list of my favorite flavor packets, my lazy Susan packet caddy, my water bottles, and much more down below.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can make refreshingly tasty drinks that are perfect for summer parties or everyday hydration.
So grab some water bottles, reusable straws and get ready to learn how to make your own flavorful creations!
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
Flavored Water Recipes
Down below, there’s a link to a highlight with all of my favorite water flavor combinations.
I love mixing flavors, such as tropical fruits and lemonades together for a bright, refreshing taste.
There are thousands of flavor combinations to try so you’ll never get bored with your flavored water while you’re getting your daily hydration.
There’s no wrong way to flavor your water – just get creative!
You can find them on our Flavored Water Recipes page.
Tips for Cleaning Your Water Bottle, Straw, and Lid
It is important to wash your water bottle, straw, and lid regularly to remove lingering flavors and smells that can transfer from one drink to another.
Bacteria can also grow if the bottle isn’t properly cleaned.
This bacteria can make you sick, so it is important to make sure you clean the bottle thoroughly each time you use it.
Washing with hot soapy water and/or vinegar will help to remove any residue or germs that may be present on the surface of the bottle, straw, and lid.
Regularly washing your reusable water bottle, straw, and lid will ensure that your drinks stay fresh and free from harmful bacteria.
Here are my tips for keeping your water bottle sparkling clean:
- Wash your water bottle, straw, and lid every night.
- Rinse the water bottle, straw, and lid with hot water before washing to remove any loose debris.
- Use a bottle brush or a straw cleaning brush to thoroughly clean the inside of the bottle and straw.
- Use Dawn dish soap and hot water to clean the bottle, straw, and lid.
- Pay special attention to the areas where the straw and lid connect to the bottle, as these can be harder to clean.
- Rinse everything thoroughly with hot water to remove any soap residue.
- Allow everything to air dry completely before using or storing to prevent the growth of bacteria.
- About 1-2 times per week, consider soaking all components in hot water mixed with a few drops of Dawn and about 1 tablespoon of white vinegar to remove lingering smells.
Here is a list of supplies that you need to make a variety of flavored waters:
- Flavored water packets
- Fruits (oranges, limes, lemons, strawberries, etc.)
- Herbs and spices (mint leaves, ginger root, cinnamon sticks)
- Sweeteners such as honey or agave syrup
- Flavored syrups (vanilla, cotton candy)