Air Fryer Beef and Bean Chimichangas are a quick and easy meal for your busy weeknights. You can make them as spicy or as mild as you like.
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
Key to Success #1 – The Mexican Tomato Sauce
One of the things that really makes this recipe special is the Mexican Tomato Sauce.
I use El Pato brand tomato sauce that I find in the Mexican section of my local Wal-Mart store.
El Pato tomato sauce is spicy, but definitely not too hot to eat! If you can’t find El Pato, you can use red enchilada sauce in its place.
Key to Success #2 – Use Burrito-sized Tortillas
I really like the Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Tortillas but the burrito-sized ones have gotten nearly impossible to find in our local stores.
I usually get either the Mission Whole Wheat ones or the regular Mission flour ones.
You can use any variety of tortillas that you like, but I do recommend the burrito-sized ones for this recipe.
They allow plenty of room for your toppings and fit perfectly in the Air Fryer basket.
Key to Success #3 – A Little Oil Goes a Long Way
Use a little olive oil on the top of your chimichangas so that they’ll get nice and crispy like a deep-fried chimichanga.
I use these non-aerosol spray bottles to spritz olive oil on the chimichangas.
You’ll want to avoid spraying any commercial non-stick cooking sprays, like Pam, into your air fryer basket because it tends to leave a sticky film on it.
You won’t have this problem if you use olive oil in your air fryer.
All you need is a light spray of olive oil to get your chimichangas nice and crispy.
It’s easy to customize these Chimichangas to your taste preferences.
My son likes his with only beans and cheese in it.
I like mine with lots of sauce with a little sour cream on top to cut the heat. You can make it any way you like it!
Save this Air Fryer Chimichangas recipe below to your favorite Air Fryer or Mexican Food boards!
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 2 cans (7.75 oz) El Pato Mexican tomato sauce
- 2-3 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 8 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, mix together browned ground beef and 1 can of El Pato tomato sauce. Microwave on high 2-3 minutes until warmed through.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, mix together refried beans and 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Microwave on high 2-3 minutes until warm.
- On each tortilla, layer a scoop of refried beans, a scoop of ground beef mixture, and shredded cheese. Fold in sides of tortilla then roll up.
- Place chimichangas in a single layer in the basket of the air fryer. Spray lightly with olive oil then cook for 8 minutes, turning once.
- Sprinkle chimichangas with more shredded cheese then drizzle with more El Pato tomato sauce. Top with sour cream, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Check out these other related recipes at GraceLikeRainBlog.com
Pecan Praline Cookies are a classic holiday favorite! These delicious, buttery pecan cookies have a distinct toasted pecan flavor that pairs wonderfully with their soft, chewy texture. Perfect for enjoying with coffee or tea, these treats will be sure to make your Christmas extra sweet!
Extra Moist Pumpkin Bread is the perfect solution to your autumn baking needs. It’s made with real pumpkin puree and a combination of sugar and spice and everything nice, making it incredibly delicious. The addition of coconut oil helps to keep the bread tender while still providing a great flavor. The texture is soft, light, and cake-like.
Our Instant Mashed Potatoes that Taste Homemade recipe Is a dream come true during the holidays. You can serve mashed potatoes for a crowd in minutes, and they won’t even know that the potatoes came from a box. Enjoy the convenience and deliciousness without sacrificing the taste you love.