Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings are perfect for the next game night. The Air Fryer really makes the chicken wings nice and crispy with very little oil. Just slather them in BBQ sauce and you’ve got yourself a game-winning combo.
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
Key to Success #1 – Flour Power
One of the keys to crispy chicken wings in the Air Fryer is dredging them in flour. T
his will give you a nice crunchy coating for those little wings.
And don’t forget the salt.
You’ll want to make sure you’re adding flavor all throughout your crispy chicken wings.
You can add other flavorings besides just salt too.
You could do pepper or some Cajun Seasoning like Slap Ya Mama. Yum!
Key to Success #2 – Just A Little Oil
After you’ve floured the chicken wings, place them in a single layer in your Air Fryer.
I have a Cozyna XL 5.8 QT Air Fryer and I can fit 10 or 12 chicken wings in my Air Fryer at one time.
I recommend lightly spraying your chicken wings with extra-virgin olive oil before cooking.
I have these reuseable spray bottles that I use to spritz my food with EVOO.
Each spritz of the spray bottle delivers only about 1/4 of a teaspoon of oil so you are really not adding a lot of oil.
A little oil goes a long way toward crisping up your Air-fried Chicken.
Key to Success #3 – Honey Honey Honey BBQ
To take these Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings over the top, I like to add a little honey to the BBQ sauce.
It just adds a nice sweetness and lets the wings caramelize in the Air Fryer.
I only use about 2 tablespoons of honey when I’m using Head Country BBQ sauce.
If you’re using a sweeter sauce, such as Sweet Baby Ray’s, then you may not want to use as much honey.
These Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings are an easy recipe to try in you Air Fryer.
If you prefer Buffalo Chicken Wings, we have a recipe for those, too. Click here for the Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings recipe.
Pin these Air Fryer BBQ Wings to your BBQ Recipes Board or your Air Fryer board.
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup Head Country BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place flour and salt into a gallon-sized zip-top bag. Add chicken wings and shake to coat.
- Remove chicken wings from bag and place in single layer into basket of Air Fryer. Lightly spray with olive oil.
- Cool 10 minutes then turn chicken wings over. Spray other side lightly with olive oil. Cook an additional 8 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine BBQ sauce and honey.
- Brush BBQ sauce mixture over chicken wings in Air Fryer. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes. Flip chicken wings, brush BBQ sauce on other side. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes until crispy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g