Turkey and Swiss Sliders are a great easy sandwich recipe for your next party or family get together. Sometimes these are called Monte Cristo Sliders and they are delicious! Turkey and Swiss Cheese on Hawaiian Rolls and dusted with powdered sugar. YUM!
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
Key to Success #1 – Separate the Tops From the Bottoms
These Turkey and Swiss Sliders start out with a delicious base of Sweet Hawaiian Rolls. You’ll need a package of 12 but you can easily double this recipe if you’re having a large party.
Remove the rolls from the package and use a large serrated knife, such as a bread knife, to cut the slab of rolls in half to separate the tops of the buns from the bottoms.
I place a hand on top of the rolls then use a serrated knife to saw back and forth through the rolls. The serrated knife and the sawing motion are key to cleanly cutting through the rolls without tearing the bread.
You’ll want to keep the tops of the rolls connected and keep the bottoms of the rolls connected. This will help when you are layering the turkey and the Swiss cheese.
Key to Success #2 – Overlap the Turkey and the Swiss
Now that your rolls are cut in half, it’s time to start layering on the turkey and the Swiss cheese.
You’ll want to overlap the turkey to make sure the bottoms of the rolls are completely covered.
Then overlap the Swiss cheese slices to make sure the turkey is covered.
Then overlap the top layer of turkey so that the cheese is covered. Ahhh, all this overlapping.
For the turkey, look for thin-cut deli turkey. I like to get Sara Lee Honey Turkey from the deli counter at my local grocery store but there are plenty of options in the pre-sliced deli meat section of the grocery store as well.
For the Swiss cheese, you can also find that at the deli counter. Ask for it to be thinly sliced. Or you can find it pre-packaged in the cheese section.
On the bottom slab of buns, layer the thin-sliced turkey, making sure to overlap the slices. You’ll want to use half of the turkey then add a layer of cheese then the other half of the turkey.
Key to Success #3 – Pour on the Sauce Then Let it Soak
The delicious sauce for these sliders is made up of melted butter, dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. It’s simple but it really makes the Turkey and Swiss Sliders flavorful and moist.
Just mix up the sauce ingredients and pour it all over the top of the rolls. I like to use the back of a spoon to spread the sauce all over the rolls.
The sauce will drip down the sides of the rolls and some of it will pool in the bottom of the pan. This is expected and the sliders will turn out perfectly.
Cover the sliders loosely with a sheet of foil then let them sit for about 5 minutes before you put them in the oven. This resting time will allow the rolls to soak up more of the delicious sauce.
Save this Turkey and Cheese Sliders recipe to your favorite Party Ideas board or your Sandwiches board.
- 1 pkg (12-count) Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1 pound turkey, thin-sliced
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, deli sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9X13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil then spray with cooking spray.
- Use large serrated knife to slice entire package of rolls in half so that you have separated the tops and the bottoms. Place the bottoms of the rolls into the prepared pan.
- Layer half the turkey over the bottoms of the rolls. Then layer the cheese. Then layer the other half of the turkey over the cheese.
- Add the tops of the rolls.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture over the top of the rolls, allowing it to run down the sides.
- Cover rolls loosely with aluminum foil and allow to stand 5-10 minutes. Bake covered for 20 minutes. Then uncover and cook another 3-5 minutes until tops of rolls are browned.
- Slice into individual sliders. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g