Peach cobbler is a favorite summertime dessert at our house. We like to serve our peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream. I think it would be really wonderful served with homemade vanilla ice cream. Maybe we can work on that this summer!
A few weeks ago when we visited Heather and Stephen, we made peach cobbler for them.
It was really fun to cook in Heather’s kitchen. Of course, her kitchen is gorgeous.
The first step to making peach cobbler is opening the cans of peaches.
I prefer to use canned peaches for this recipe because they are always soft and juicy.
I don’t like hard peaches in my cobbler.
Be sure you get the peach slices in syrup. Save the syrup from one of the cans of peaches.
Drain and discard the juice from the other two cans.
Go ahead and preheat your oven.
Tip! Put your stick of butter in the baking dish and stick it in the oven while it’s preheating. This will melt your butter while you’re waiting for the oven to preheat. Two birds, one stone.
Now, mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl then add the milk, reserved peach syrup, vanilla, and almond extract.
This will be your cobbler batter.
Once your butter is melted, pour the batter into your baking dish.
The batter is fairly thin so it should spread easily to cover the baking dish.
Carefully spoon the peach slices over the batter.
Do not mix the peach slices into the batter. The batter will rise and cover the peaches as it bakes.
Bake until the cobbler is thick and golden brown.
You can see in the picture below that the cobbler has almost completely covered the peaches.
Serve warm and top with ice cream or whipped cream.
You can’t go wrong with ice cream and peach cobbler.
Doesn’t this look delicious?
Save this Peach Cobbler recipe to your favorite Fruit Desserts board or your Cobbler board.
- 3 cans (15 oz) peach slices in syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Reserve syrup from one can of peaches. Drain liquid from the other two cans.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a 9X13 inch baking dish. (Put baking dish and butter in the oven while it's preheating.)
- In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Stir in milk, reserved syrup, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Pour batter over melted butter in baking dish. Spoon peach slices evenly over the top of the batter. Do not mix.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until cobbler is golden brown.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g