Air Fryer Cheesy Taco Crescents are a quick and easy dinner that have a cheesy surprise inside. They cook up crispy in the Air Fryer in just minutes.
I’m all in with quick and easy meals during the week when we have kids’ activities going on in the evenings.
The Air Fryer makes it easy to fix good meals that the kids will eat and that you do not have to babysit.
Would you be interested in a round-up of quick and easy Air Fryer recipes?
I think that’s one of the overlooked bonuses of Air Fryer cooking.
You can just stick the food in the Air Fryer and let it cook.
You don’t have to stand at the stove and stir your meal constantly.
Just a few minutes and a few shakes to redistribute the food will ensure that you have a perfectly cooked dinner for your family, even on the busiest of weeknights.
If you prefer milk chocolate, you can also substitute milk chocolate chips for semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
Key to Success #1 – Choose Your Heat Level
These Air Fryer Cheesy Taco Crescents are ready in minutes and are easy to customize to your spice preference.
I used a taco seasoning packet from the grocery store to keep things super simple.
With my family, I’ve got to go with mild seasonings if I want everyone to eat it.
You can go as hot and spicy as you’d like though! F
eel free to add more cumin or crushed red pepper flakes to customize the flavors for your family.
Key to Success #2 – A Cheesy Surprise Inside
The ooey gooey center of these taco crescents is a half of a cheese stick.
I like to use Monterey Jack for a little kick but you can use any type of cheese that you prefer.
You can also slice your own cheese instead of using a cheese stick, but I’m a big fan of using what I have in my fridge and pantry and this is what I generally have on hand.
My kids love these things as after school snacks!
Key to Success #3 – Seal Those Edges
Since there is cheese in the center of these Cheesy Taco Crescents, you’ll want to make sure the crescents are completely sealed around the filling.
This will prevent any messy leaks in the basket of your Air Fryer.
You can pinch the sides of the crescents or use a fork to crimp the edges if you want a fancy look.
Either way, they are sure to taste delicious!
We love these Air Fryer Cheesy Taco Crescents dipped in extra salsa and sour cream.
It would also be really good dipped in cheese sauce.
No, that’s not too much cheese. (Said noone ever.)
Save this Air Fryer Cheesy Taco Crescents recipe to your favorite Air Fryer board or your Mexican food board.
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated crescent sheets
- 4 monterey jack cheese sticks
- 1/2 lb ground beef, browned
- 1/2 envelope taco seasoning mix
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees F.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, combine ground beef and 1/2 envelope of taco seasoning. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes until warmed.
- Cut crescent sheets into 8 equal squares. Cut each cheese stick in half.
- On each crescent square, place 1/2 stick of cheese and 1-2 tablespoons of meat mixture. (See photos in blog post.) Roll up each square and crimp ends to secure.
- Line Air Fryer basket with a square of foil. Grease foil and place crescents on top in single layer.
- Cook 5 minutes. Turn over and cook another 2-3 minutes until browned.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g