Indulge in unique flavors with these Rotel Sausage & Cream Cheese Pinwheels. You’ll mix the robust flavor of Rotel tomatoes with green chiles and breakfast sausage with the rich, tangy taste of cream cheese. Then, you’ll roll the perfect blend of savory and sweet into flaky crescent rolls to create a crowd-pleasing dish that’s sure to steal the show at any potluck or party!
Drop a line in the comments and boldly share which party you’re going to enhance with these delicious pinwheels.
Four Ingredients: Crescent Roll Dough, Breakfast Sausage, Cream Cheese, and Rotel Tomatoes
Get ready to roll up some serious flavor with these mouthwatering Rotel Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels that will have everyone coming back for seconds!
Who can resist the delightful combo of savory breakfast sausage, creamy cheese, and that kick of Rotel tomatoes with green chiles—all perfectly wrapped in flaky crescent rolls?
They’re the ultimate finger food that’s just as perfect for a weekend brunch as they are for game day!
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
Easy Pinwheels With Cream Cheese and Crescent Rolls
Now, let’s talk about layering those flavors!
The filling for these savory pinwheels is made with browned breakfast sausage, melted cream cheese, and Rotel tomatoes with green chiles.
I mean, really, is there a better trio out there?
The cream cheese mellows out the heat from the green chiles just right, making each bite a perfect harmony of taste and texture.
Make sure to drain the Rotel tomatoes with green chiles very well before you add them to the cream cheese mixture.
Otherwise, the filling will be too wet.
Spread out the crescent roll dough, pressing the seams together.
Then spread the filling mixture all over the dough to within a 1/4 inch of the long edge.
Roll ’em, slice ’em, and pop ’em in the oven.
Once these babies come out, all golden and tempting, you’ll be the kitchen hero!
Make Ahead Crescent Pinwheels with Cream Cheese
Here’s the best part though: these pinwheels are an absolute breeze to make, and you can even prep them ahead of time!
Simply chill the rolled log before slicing, and then bake just before your guests arrive to fill the room with the most irresistible aroma.
So, tell me, are you ready to be the champ of your next get-together?
Grab your apron, and let’s whip up some pinwheel magic!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10 oz) Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles, well drained
- 2 cans (8-ct) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the softened cream cheese, Rotel tomatoes, and cooked sausage.
- Unroll each can of crescent roll dough but do not separate it into triangles. Use a rolling pin to roll out each can of the crescent dough separately until it is approximately 9"x 14" in size.
- Spoon half of the sausage mixture onto each rectangle of dough, spreading it very thinly almost to the edges. Starting on the long side, roll the dough into a tight log.
- Use a sharp, serrated knife to cut each log in half then slice each half into 8 pinwheels. You will end up with 32 pinwheels in all. Place the pinwheels flat on the parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes until they are golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Nutrition Information Provided For Educational and Informational Purposes Only.
Check out these other related recipes at GraceLikeRainBlog.com
Pecan Praline Cookies are a classic holiday favorite! These delicious, buttery pecan cookies have a distinct toasted pecan flavor that pairs wonderfully with their soft, chewy texture. Perfect for enjoying with coffee or tea, these treats will be sure to make your Christmas extra sweet!
Extra Moist Pumpkin Bread is the perfect solution to your autumn baking needs. It’s made with real pumpkin puree and a combination of sugar and spice and everything nice, making it incredibly delicious. The addition of coconut oil helps to keep the bread tender while still providing a great flavor. The texture is soft, light, and cake-like.
Our Instant Mashed Potatoes that Taste Homemade recipe Is a dream come true during the holidays. You can serve mashed potatoes for a crowd in minutes, and they won’t even know that the potatoes came from a box. Enjoy the convenience and deliciousness without sacrificing the taste you love.