These brownies are so rich and fudgy that they don’t require any frosting. And they are easy to make in one bowl, no mixer required. How much easier can you get?
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
Key to Success #1 – Use One Bowl
This Fudgy Brownies recipe is a pretty simple recipe but it simply cannot be beat.
A nice, thick brownie is perhaps the best dessert out there and it’s one of the easiest too, especially this one-bowl recipe.
You do not need a mixer for this recipe. You just need a bowl and a spoon.
I even melt the butter in the same bowl that I have my cocoa powder + oil mixed in.
Just pop it into the microwave for about a minute then stir together.
I have talked about this before but the best mixing bowl is one with high and straight sides and a relatively flat bottom.
This Sunbeam brand mixing bowl is the perfect one.
It is actually the replacement part for a Sunbeam stand mixer.
Key to Succes #2 – Do Not Overmix
Be sure to mix the brownie batter only until it’s completely combined. You don’t want to overmix it.
Mix until the batter is just combined then spread into a 13×9-inch baking dish.
I have several Pyrex baking dishes that have lids and those are some of my favorites to use because it makes storing the food so easy.
But I also really love the Fiesta baker dishes. They come in so many pretty colors and they are very durable.
A Funny Kid Story
I was not planning to post about brownies tonight but some things you just have to share.
After Noah got home from school, he helped me whip up a pan of brownies for dessert.
We’d done really well getting together all the wet ingredients and he helped me stir it all together.
Then he was helping me read the recipe on my phone and I was getting the dry ingredients out of the cabinet for him.
I’d put the flour in the bowl and was digging through the cabinet looking for the baking soda when a can of baking powder fell into the brownie bowl.
The flour went all over Noah – on his shirt, on his face, in his ear!
I’m probably pretty lucky that he wasn’t super mad at me since it was all my fault, but he thought it was hilarious!
I recorded a little video of him for your viewing pleasure.
Tell me you didn’t smile while you were watching that excited little boy.
They are perfect with a tall glass of milk. We were a bit low on milk tonight though so we didn’t do that.
Save this Brownies recipe to your favorite Brownies Board or your Chocolate Desserts board.
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder + 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, optional
- Mix cocoa and oil. Add butter and melt in the microwave.
- Cool slightly. Add sugar and eggs, mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt to the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in nuts, chocolate chips, and vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased 13 X 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Silicone Spatula 4-piece Set,Heat-Resistant Spatulas,Non-stick Rubber Spatulas with Stainless Steel Core
- EZBASICS Food Processor, Electric Food Chopper for Vegetables, Fruits, Nuts, Ice Cubes, 2 Speed Kitchen Grinder With Sharp Blades, 2 Cup Capacity (Red)
- Sunbeam / Oster 115969-001-000 4 Quart Glass Bowl fits models 2370 and 2371
- Pyrex Easy Grab 4-Piece Value Pack, includes 1-ea 3-qt Oblong, 2-qtOblong, Red Plastic Covers
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 506Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 413mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 3gSugar: 42gProtein: 7g
Nutrition Information Provided For Educational and Informational Purposes Only.
Check out these other great recipes at GraceLikeRainBlog.com.
Do you prefer brownies with icing on the top? Or do you think the icing is unnecessary? No icing for me!