Candy Corn Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are a super easy treat that tastes delicious to eat. They are made from my classic Peanut Butter Cup Cookies but just jazzed up for Halloween. Deeeelicious!
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
Key to Success #1 – I Said Easy
I said easy and I meant it. These cookies start off with a package of Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie mix.
You can find this in the baking aisle of your local supermarket.
You don’t even need to get out your mixer.
Just follow the directions on the package and stir together the ingredients in a large bowl.
Sometimes the amounts can differ but all you’ll need is an egg, water, and oil.
Key to Success #2 – Tools to Make Easy Even Easier
You can find all kinds of festive mini baking cups around Halloween.
I had yellow baking cups so that’s what I used but orange or black would be great or even some with a Halloween motif.
If you don’t care about the color of the baking cups, I’d suggest these that are made of parchment paper so they’re naturally grease-proof and nonstick.
- The Perfect Measuring Spoon -Rounded to make a great ball of dough
- Halloween Mini Baking Cup -Yellow, Orange, Black or any festive design
- Nonstick Mini Baking Cups -Made from parchment, grease-proof and nonstick for the win!
- The Perfect Muffin Pan – USA Pans really are the best, very high quality and clean up easily.
Key to Success #3 – Baking Cookies
You don’t have to make the dough all evenly in the baking cups.
They will fill the cups nicely once they start to bake. Bake for 10 or 11 minutes until the cookies are lightly browned.
When they come out of the oven, immediately press a mini Reese’s Cup into the top of each cookie.
I think these mini Reese’s Cups offer the perfect ratio of peanut butter cookie to chocolate.
They are also unwrapped, which is a huge plus in my book when you’re making a bunch of cookies.
I store my Reese’s Cups in the freezer so that they wouldn’t melt immediately once I press them into the cookies.
Key to Success #4 – Make It Festive
After a few minutes, the chocolate on the top of the Reese’s Cups will start to get all melty.
That’s how you know it’s time to add the Candy Corn. All you have to do is lightly place the Candy Corn on top.
Once the cookies cool, the chocolate will harden again and your cookies will be ready to serve!
I always get impatient and put my pan of cookies in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process.
These cute cookies are perfect for Halloween bake sales and fall potlucks.
You can make up a whole bunch of these cookies because they’re easy to take and store.
I like to bake mine a day or two in advance and store them in the refrigerator until it’s time to go to my event.
They’re best served at room temperature.
Save these Candy Corn Peanut Butter Cup Cookies to your favorite Halloween Treats Board or your Candy Corn Treats Board.
- 1 pkg (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie Mix, made according to package directions
- Add'l Ingredients listed on Cookie Mix package, usually egg, oil, water
- 24 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Minis
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place paper liners into mini muffin pan.
- Stir together cookie mix and additional ingredients according to package directions.
- Use measuring spoon to scoop out 1 level Tablespoon of dough and place into each muffin liner.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press an unwrapped Reese's mini into the top of each cookie. Let cool completely so that chocolate firms up.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Unsaturated Fat: 0g
But wait, there’s more …
Don’t miss our Cute and Easy Halloween Treats recipe roundup.
We’re sharing lots of great Halloween treat ideas for your next Halloween party.