Stuffed French Toast Ring is an easy make-ahead dish that is perfect for your next family breakfast or brunch. The Crescent Ring is filled with decadent cream cheese filling and topped with fresh berries and powdered sugar for that perfect finish.
Disclosure – I may get a small commission for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
Key to Success #1 – Let’s Get Fancy, Shall We?
This Stuffed French Toast Breakfast Ring is an upgraded version of baked French Toast.
You can certainly bake this Stuffed French Toast in a 9X13 baking dish but baking it into the shape of a ring makes it extra special.
Go ahead and break out your good china because we’re fancy now.
To make your breakfast ring, use a half sheet rimmed baking pan.
These are about the size of a cookie sheet but they have a nice rim around them.
It’s the same pan you would use for a sheet cake.
The toppings are also a big highlight of this dish.
I went with fresh raspberries and blueberries in the center of my French Toast Ring but you could use any fruit that you like.
I think it would be fun to have a little bowl of whipped cream served alongside the French Toast Ring.
Key to Success #2 – Bring the Ring
The Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dough is perfect for this recipe because it’s so easy to form into a rectangle and then roll into a log.
One of the tricks to this recipe is cutting your log into 12 equal pieces.
It’s a lot easier than you think though.
First, make sure you use a serrated knife.
You’ll want to lightly saw back and forth through the dough.
Since you’ll be cutting through the filling too, you may want to wipe off the knife of your blade with a paper towel between each slice.
Second, go ahead and put a cutting board under your dough so that you don’t damage your knife.
The trick to cutting even slices is to start by cutting your log in half then cut each half in half again.
You’ll end up with four equal pieces.
Take each of these pieces and cut them into three slices.
You’ll end up with 12 perfect slices.
Key to Success #3 – Let’s Chill Out
After you get your dough slices cut up, you’ll want to gently place them into a zip-top bag and cover them with the egg mixture.
Let this mixture chill out in your fridge for at least 30 minutes so that the dough will soak up all that egg goodness.
You can make this recipe ahead of time and let it hang out in the fridge overnight so that you can bake it in the morning.
Whether you bake this Stuffed French Toast in the shape of a ring or in a traditional casserole dish, it’s a recipe that will be asked for again and again.
What would you use for your toppings?
Save this Stuffed French Toast Ring image to your favorite Breakfast Recipes board or your Brunch Recipes board.
For the Crescent Ring:
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dough sheet
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Use electric mixer to beat together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla for the filling.
- In separate bowl, mix together milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Unroll crescent dough into a rectangle and spread filling over the dough, leaving a 1/4-inch border along the long ends.
- Starting with the long side, roll up into a log. Pinch edges to seal.
- Use a serrated knife to cut log into 12 slices. (Cut log in half then cut the two pieces in half again. Cut each of the four remaining pieces into three slices each.)
- Places rolls into a gallon-sized zip-top bag or 9X13 baking dish. Pour egg mixture over the rolls. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove rolls from refrigerator and arrange into a ring on the rimmed baking sheet. Brush remaining egg mixture over dough.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Top with fresh berries, powdered sugar, maple syrup and/or fresh whipped cream as desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 313mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 7g
Nutrition Information Provided For Educational and Informational Purposes Only.